Teaching Feminism: Bedtime stories

Teaching Feminism: Bedtime Story Problems

As a kid, I would relish in picking out just the right book for bedtime. My parents would read me a story before I went to bed each night, and it was always something I looked forward to. In retrospect, I probably enjoyed these bedtime stories partially because they put off bedtime for just a litte bit longer, and partially because they allowed me to escape to a different world for a little bit, allowing me to clear my mind before sleep. Even now, though, I find it difficult to fall asleep if I don’t spend some time reading before bed. This absolutely fostered a love of literature and reading in me from a very young age, and had I not had this experience, I might not have become an English major in undergrad and gone on to teach high school English.

Read More

To learn more about the Annual International Social Uprising Resistance and Grassroots Encouragement (S.U.R.G.E.!) Film Festival please visit: www.WeSurge.org