Demi Lovato becomes face of the 'Mean Stinks' anti-bullying campaign

Demi Lovato becomes the face of a new anti-bullying campaign

Pop mega-star and “X Factor” judge, Demi Lovato has become the new ambassador for an anti-bullying campaign and reveals that she was a victim of bullying at school. Lovato joined the Secret's “Mean Stinks” campaign on September 21, which encourages girls to “gang up for good” to end bullying in schools.

Demi revealed to People magazine: “I had a really tough time when I was in middle school. People would write 'hate petitions' [about me] and send them around to be signed. They'd have CD-bashing parties of my demos. They'd come to my house, stand across the street and yell things. It was a very emotional time for me, and all I wanted to do was get away.”

Read More


To learn more about the Annual International Social Uprising Resistance and Grassroots Encouragement (S.U.R.G.E.!) Film Festival please visit:  www.WeSurge.org